Nutty, chocolate and raisin filled banana bread recipe. This easy moist loaded banana bread recipe will become a staple in your kitchen.
Banana bread is one of recipes you can make so easily! I call it the bored girl recipe simply because of how easy it is to make, you can make it with ingredients that are definitely already in your pantry. You don’t need to step out to the grocery store to make banana bread – the beauty about it and I think what everyone appreciates about the recipe is how few ingredients you need to make this yummy snack.
Banana bread will always transport me to lockdown days when I needed anything, any recipe that would be easy for a complete baking beginner like me. It was months of experimentation with different food and recipes just to keep myself from going insane. Banana bread ended up being one of the quickest and easiest recipes I discovered, so it ended up being my go to when I had an itch to get my baking hat on.
Anyway long story short, if you’re just getting into baking or simply are looking for a quick and easy recipe to try out then you gotta try this recipe. It’s what I call loaded banana bread because it is filled with nuts, raisins and chocolate chips. All my favorite things! And the beauty about it is how easily you can add or substitute ingredients you don’t like. For example you can leave out the raisins if you don’t particularly like them. Or you can substitute the nuts, I used cashews in this recipe simply because they are my favorite but you can totally replace them with your favorite nuts – walnuts are particularly good in a recipe like this.
Easy Loaded Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1 Loaf Pan
- 1 Whisk
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 bananas mashed
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cashews chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Mash 3 bananas in a large bowl.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas with the eggs, butter, vanilla extract and sugar.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Carefully fold in the nuts, chocolate chips and raisins.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake for at 180°C or 350°F for 50 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If you notice the top of the loaf is browning too quickly but the loaf is not ready yet (toothpick inserted into the middle comes out wet), just cover the top with aluminum foil and allow to bake for the time remaining.
- Let the bread cool for about an hour before cutting into it.
Banana Bread Baking Must Haves
Quick Tips for Creating the Best Banana Bread
Banana bread is one of those super easy and customizable recipes. Some tips for creating a yummy, moist loaf are below:
- Use overripe bananas for a stronger yummier banana flavor.
- Cinnamon is a must have for your banana bread because it will add depth and warmth to your recipe.
- Don’t be afraid of mix ins, banana bread thrives with those extra flavors mixed in, chocolate is always great and so are nuts, and raisins. You can add each of these seperately but why do that when you can create some loaded goodness in a single loaf.
- Banana bread is totally great on its own but add some butter to a slice to take it to the next level.